Friday, February 3, 2012

Upcoming hair and makeup interview by Rochester Wedding Photographer Kristina Juodyte of PhotoKisses!

Dig if you will, the picture:  You're a blushing bride-to-be planning your wedding, and you're making a list of vendors to contact to make your special day go off without a hitch.  You've got your venue booked, your dress ordered, your bridesmaids selected, your photographer booked... the list goes on, and on.  You have an epiphany during your 3rd round of cake tasting:  "I had NO idea how much planning and detail goes into planning a wedding!"  For a fleeting moment, you fantasize about eloping to a tropical island with your fiance, then a look at what's left in your wedding budget snaps you back into reality.  You start to REALLY prioritize exactly who and what you need to make your day happen the way it should.  You think to yourself, "I just want to share this day with my family, friends and fiance, I want a nice, relaxed day.  I want to feel beautiful while cameras snap photos and everyone watches me walking down the aisle to my fiance..."  That's when you realize, with everything else going on that day, "How am I supposed to figure out hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party?!  I need to look amazing!"

Understandably, by the time a bride sits down with me to discuss hair and makeup options, she is sometimes a little intimidated and overwhelmed with everything else she has to consider while planning and budgeting for a wedding.  She is usually most concerned with three things; value, quality and convenience. She knows that meeting the right professional beauty artist will most definitely offer her all 3, but beyond that, she may be unfamiliar with the standard protocol once she has selected her bridal hair and makeup artist.

My friend and Rochester, NY wedding photographer, Kristina Juodyte of PhotoKisses recently approached me about doing an interview on what I can offer and what a bride should expect and prepare for with her hair and makeup artist in the time between booking and the wedding day.  I love this idea! Kristina already came up with some great questions for me to answer, but we thought it would be great to see what kinds of questions brides would have about this.  So, I invite my readers to ask away!  

Facebook users can post their questions as a comment on the PhotoKisses fan page or the Sara Lovell: Hairstylist and Makeup Artist fan page!  We have some great ones so far, check out my fan page to read them and post your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment