Monday, June 30, 2014
Thursday, June 19, 2014
1. Use a sulfate-free cleanser and conditioner, especially if you have chemically treated hair. Many color care formulas also have sun protection built right in to help prevent color fadage. Choosing according to your hair type gives you the best results. (Ask me for samples and recommendations!)
2. Wash and rinse color treated hair with the coldest water possible. This will minimize color bleeding, especially for redheads and rainbow colors!
3. Use a t-shirt instead of a towel to blot your hair dry instead of rubbing it with a towel. You will find your hair dries much smoother this way!
4. Before blowdrying and curling/flat ironing apply a thermal protectant to your hair. A medium hold thermal styling spray will make your style hold better as well. Let this dry before iron styling to avoid frying your strands. Taking the extra time do do this really pays off!
5. Keep your irons on lowest setting possible! I keep my flat iron at 200 degrees for my fine textured, bleached locks and take small sections. I don't use my iron any higher than 400 degrees to style the thickest, coarsest, virgin hair.
Hoping these tips will bring you some relief from bad hair this summer! Come see me at MB Studio for products and hair needs!
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Come to MB Studio and get all decked out for New Year's Eve! To celebrate the season, Professional Airbrush makeup artist & hairstylist Sara Lovell is creating holiday beauty at 50% off on New Year's Eve only:
Airbrush Makeup $35 ($70 value)
Holiday Upstyle $40 ($80 value)
Curling/Flat Ironing $25 ($50 value)
Book your New Year's Eve appointment online or call us at 585-244-3324 and we will book one for you!
Wishing everyone a beautiful and peaceful holiday season!